The National Insurance Board is seeking to recruit an experienced financial leader with strong supervisory and mentoring skills with not less than seven (7) years in a senior management role.
The individual should have a solid understanding of international financial reporting standards and training in International Accounting Standards for Social Security will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be offered a two - year contact of employment and will be required to mentor an employee of the Board.
Core Functions of the Job:
The position performs the following:
• Developing the Corporate Strategic Plan along with other members of the management team.
• Developing the corporate operating and capital budgets.
• Analyzing and evaluating project proposals.
• Managing the cash flow to synchronize payments with receipts.
• Producing the final accounts for auditing.
• Implementing the financial policies of the board
• Developing staff training for the accounting department.
• Prepares and implements employee development programs.
• Participates in the management committee meetings.
• Prepares the requisite statutory reports on a timely basis.
• Designing, developing and implementing systems of internal controls to ensure security of the Board’s assets.
• Utilizing appropriate technology to generate management reports for decision meeting.
• Liaising with banks, external Auditors, Investment Managers and Government officials to facilitate execution of related functions.
• Establishing performance indicators to measure the output of the department.
• Monitoring expenditure to ensure conformity with guidelines.
• Extracting and analyzing financial information for decision making.
• Holding regular staff meeting to keep staff properly informed of the accounting procedures.
• Preparing Accounting Staff performance appraisal reports.
• Managing the financial administration component of the NIB strategic plan.
Educational Requirements and Experience
This position requires MBA, ACCA\CPA professional designation or its equivalent. In addition, the position requires competence and expertise in:
• Financial administration and reporting
• Budget planning and management
• Financial analysis
• Human Resource Management skills
• Financial Reporting and Technical Writing
• Use of computer and information technology for financial management analysis and reporting
This position requires at least five (5) years post qualification experience in a similar corporate position. The experience should cover:
• Financial Resource management
• Information technology
• Strategic planning
Salary will be in the salary range $70,001-$90,000 Grade 7B.